Monday, April 29, 2013

Project: Birthday

So my mother's birthday is coming up and I have been trying to come up with something to give her...this is a puzzling dilemma.

I have very limited funds and hate getting her something that she won't enjoy or use.

Then I had a A-ha moment (this seems to be my week for a-has).

We have just redecorated her sunroom and changed it from the schoolroom into a sitting room. We shopped at Ikea and came up with some beautiful plants, vases, and chairs to liven things up a bit. However... the walls are bare!

So, I, in my terrifical ingenuity (ok, ok, it was inspired by Pintrest, but I digress), came up with this:



I took an old hymnal I had that was falling apart and picked out some of my mom's favorite songs.
I then cut them out and printed various pictures of purple flowers onto the hymn sheets.
They turned out beautifully! I'm so happy with the results! I'm thinking I'll hang them in distressed, antique frames!
 
Hopefully, she'll like them!
Hooray for DIY birthday gifts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment