Sunday, March 24, 2013

The View Outside My Window...


 
Today is just one of those days...

It's super gloomy outside...Spring is supposed to be warm and bright.
But instead the day is cold, and dark, and dreary
                   It rains, and the wind is never weary;
                   The vine still clings to the mouldering wall,
                   But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
                   And the day is dark and dreary.
                   My life is cold, and dark, and dreary...

Longfellow always seems to come out on days like today...but I'm pretty sure he was having one of those days too when he wrote it, so I believe it is apropos.

I kinda got some depressing news today. I don't do depressed well.

I kinda got some stressful news today. I also don't do stressed well.

To be honest, I'm not the kind of person who lets things get her down...I usually bounce right back and easily rely on God to fix my world. Today I am struggling to do this...

Memo to Self: He is still in control. He will provide.

 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God....And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6, 19
 
Sometimes I'm a little slow. Sometimes I just need a reminder.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment